Spherical Medical programs and services has been designed to address the current concerns of Acute Care hospital systems including: re-hospitalization rates 30-days post-discharge from the Acute Care, re-hospitalization rates 30-days post-discharge from the skilled nursing facility, reducing Emergency Department (ED) visits, and decreasing avoidable days in the Acute setting. Spherical Medical programs and services focus on quality, decreased re-hospitalization rates, decreased discharge times, and improved discharge processes.
- On-site medical consulting and follow up
- Around-the-clock on call availability for nurses who are providing direct patient care
- Co-ordination with specialists and primary care doctors in the community
- Monitoring of laboratory and radiology results
- Medical Directorship oversight of the quality of care in the skilled nursing facilities
- Limited sub-specialty on-site consulting
- Set up of home health services after discharge
We also coordinate care with specialists and consulting physicians outside the nursing home. We take responsibility for making sure that their recommendations and treatment plans are carried out in the skilled nursing facilities.
After Hours and On-Call Services
After hours Physician Extenders and on-call providers ensure consistency of care via telephone management. The program creates consistency in management of acute changes in the patients. Call logs are monitored every weekday morning for issues sent to the facility administrators, Director of Nurses, Nurse Practitioners and Medical Doctors. The program reduces evening and weekend re-hospitalization by caring for the patient within the SNF environment when possible, rather than sending the patient to the Acute Care ED.
Our team holds training in:
- Internal Medicine
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Family and Community Medicine
- Palliative Care
- Traditional Chinese Medicine
We work with all specialties including: Cardiology, Nephrology, Gastroenterology, Infectious Disease, Neurology, Oncology, Urology, General Surgery, Plastic Surgery, Orthopedic Surgery, Vascular Surgery, Cardiothoracic Surgery, Gynecology.